Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy #4) by Richelle Mead

Synopsis: "Rose Hathaway's life will never be the same.

The recent attack on St. Vladimir's Academy devastated the entire Moroi world. Many are dead. And, for the few victims carried off by Strigoi, their fates are even worse. A rare tattoo now adorns Rose's neck, a mark that says she's killed far too many Strigoi to count. But only one victim matters . . . Dimitri Belikov. Rose must now choose one of two very different paths: honoring her life's vow to protect Lissa—her best friend and the last surviving Dragomir princess—or, dropping out of the Academy to strike out on her own and hunt down the man she loves. She'll have to go to the ends of the earth to find Dimitri and keep the promise he begged her to make. But the question is, when the time comes, will he want to be saved?

Now, with everything at stake—and worlds away from St. Vladimir's and her unguarded, vulnerable, and newly rebellious best friend—can Rose find the strength to destroy Dimitri? Or, will she sacrifice herself for a chance at eternal love?"


Title: Blood Promise
Series: The Vampire Academy #4
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Badass, Humorous
Pages: 503
Ages: 13+
Date I Finished: August 21st, 2013
My Rating: 5 stars (I feel like I just throw 5 stars at any book XD, but this book was seriously awesome)
My Word: BadassRoseAsUsual
My Fave Quote:
"I looked him in the eye. 'I will always love you.'
Then I plunged the stake into his chest
...His struggles stopped. His eyes stared at me stunned, and he parted his lips into a smile, albeit a grisly and pained one.
'That's what I was supposed to say..." he gasped out.
Those were his last words." (P.426)

Can we just take a moment to soak this all in?

Can we also take a moment to realize that the Vampire Academy movie: Blood Sisters is coming out this February?


After Dimitri became strigoi, I can't help but ship Rose and Adrian. I feel like I'm being a traitor towards myself because I used to love Rose and Dimitri, but now I just can't help how freaking amazing Adrian was to Rose.

I admit, towards the middle of the book, I was ripping through the pages just so I could find another Adrian dream. I half hoped Rose would be nice to him in her dreams, but after four books of Rose Hathaway, I knew that would never happen.

Okay, I'm getting ahead of myself here. As much as I loved the Adrian/Rose moments, I didn't think that that was the best part. (or was it ;))

I think the best part was the ending. The brutal twist in the story was at the damn end and now I have to read the next two books to see what could possibly happen. I have mixed feelings for what could happen to Dimitri. I was sad when he supposedly died and I was relieved as well, and I'm not sure about this whole "get information from Viktor Dashkov and find crazy Robert Doru to see if this healing thing works" thing, but we'll see how it goes.

I still can not believe what happened in Russia. All of the wonderful people Rose met, and... especially... that crazy stuff going on with Dimitri._. I'm still shocked that Rose could get so weak, yet it was the damn endorphins that did that to her, and it was all Dimitri's fault which is why I do not ship them anymore. The endorphins-drugged part was probably the worst part in the book--not that it was bad, but because I couldn't contain myself, watching Rose so weak and helpless. Also, Strigoi and Damphir pair just doesn't work out, and let's not even go near the "come be awakened with me" thing Dimitri was letting on. Ugh.

This book was freaking hilarious by the way. I couldn't hold my laughter in most of the time. Richelle Mead puts that awesome 'Rose Hathaway humor' into the book perfectly. I just wish I could crack her jokes and be so badass at the same time. Rose is by far my favorite fictional role model that I look up to. All of the zmey jokes were Rose's best, I must say.

"'Greetings, Zmey,' I said weakly...'Nice of you to slither on in." (P. 431)

(SPOILER QUOTE) "'Please don't tell me Abe is my father..." She didn't have to tell me. It was all over her face, her expression dreamily recalling some other time and place--some time and place that undoubtedly involved my conception. Ugh. 'Oh God,' I said. 'I'm Zmey's daughter. Zmey Junior. Zmeyette, even.' That got her attention. She looked up at me 'What on Earth are you talking about?'" (P. 489)

Anyway, I have to say, Adrian really filled most of those five stars up, including the escape, the ending, Sydney, and Dimitri's family. All in all, what a funny, suspenseful, love-driven story that Rose endured. I can't wait to read the next book this fall (I can't read it right now, or else my love for the series would be short lived!) and I will never forget Rose's amazing journey through Russia. (Next stop, Viktor Dashkov!)
★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment