Wednesday, July 10, 2013

It's Not Summer Wtihout You (Summer #2) by Jenny Han

Synopsis: Can summer be truly summer without Cousins Beach?It used to be that Belly counted the days until summer, until she was back at Cousins Beach with Conrad and Jeremiah. But not this year. Not after Susannah got sick again and Conrad stopped caring. Everything that was right and good has fallen apart, leaving Belly wishing summer would never come.

But when Jeremiah calls saying Conrad has disappeared, Belly knows what she must do to make things right again. And it can only happen back at the beach house, the three of them together, the way things used to be. If this summer really and truly is the last summer, it should end the way it started--at Cousins Beach.


Title: It's Not Summer Without You
Series: Summer #2
Genre: Romance, Beach Read, Contemporary, YA
Pages: 275
Ages: 12-17
Date I Finished: July 10th, 2013
My Rating: 3.5 Stars
My Word: SUMMERLICIOUS, #TEAMJEREMIAH

Review

Seeing that I haven't gone to the beach yet this summer, (that's too long for me :O) I am starting to have vivid dreams of sand in my toes and water rushing through my ears.

I'm going through beach withdraw :O.

I TOTALLY relate to this book though because my grandma just sold the beach house I've been to ever since I was born last year, and last summer was the first summer I've had without going there :'(. That is the reason I added .5 stars to the rating haha :).

Anyway, this book totally brought all my beach memories back. I've always wanted that 'Summer Story' to share with my friends once school started again, yet that seems impossible because my family is kinda a little overprotective of where I go in the summer. LOL

OK I'm getting off track here. It's Not Summer Without You was definitely more depressing than the first book. It kind of made me super sad when I was supposed to be all happy this summer. Any book that made me cry will get at least 3 stars by me, and this book did the job. Everything was so sad; all except the ending.

I actually think this book would've got a better rating if I didn't compare it to the first book so much. The first book was definitely better with all the romance and twists. Or maybe it was because I read this book in 4 continuing hours and I didn't digest each chapter enough haha! I'm BORED.

This book just gave a reality check to all of the characters. :(

CHARACTERS... I love who Belly picks in the end, but I just wish she wouldn't run away all the time. Like when she said "I don't hate you" then she runs away to the beach. Aside from that, though, she's a good main character, and I envy her for talking to boys that easily haha.
Now Conrad. He's unpredictable, and he totally hides his emotions which makes me like him and not like him at the same time.
Jeremiah: I love his funny, uplifting personality, and I'd totally want him as a best guy friend.
WHY WASN'T CAM IN THIS BOOK? I kind of liked him, and I was kind of curious where he went haha!
AND I wish Steven were at the summer house too with them because I liked him :(.

Anyway, the plot was very depressing obviously, and, like I said, I cried a lot during it. But, there was just something missing. I feel like there could've been a little more action throughout the story. (Maybe I'm just a sci-fi romancy freak LOL)

I already have the third book in my hand, and I'm positive it will be better than the second! Let's hope...
★★★.5



No comments:

Post a Comment