Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner #1) by James Dashner


Synopsis:  "When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his first name. He has no recollection of his parents, his home, or how he got where he is. His memory is blank. But he’s not alone. When the lift’s doors open, Thomas finds himself surrounded by kids who welcome him to the Glade, a large expanse enclosed by stone walls. Just like Thomas, the Gladers don’t know why or how they got to the Glade. All they know is that every morning, for as long as anyone can remember,  the stone doors to the maze that surrounds them have opened. Every night, for just as long,  they’ve closed tight. And every thirty days a new boy has been delivered in the lift. And no one wants to be stuck in the maze after dark. The Gladers were expecting Thomas's arrival. But the next day, a girl is sent up—the first girl to ever arrive in the Glade. And more surprising yet is the message she delivers. The Gladers have always been convinced that if they can solve the maze that surrounds the Glade, they might find their way home...wherever that may be. But it's looking more and more as if the Maze is unsolvable. And something about the girl's arrival is starting to make Thomas feel different. Something is telling him that he just might have some answers-if he can only find a way to retrieve the dark secrets locked within his own mind.

Title: The Maze Runner
Series: The Maze Runner #1
Genre: Science Fiction, Dystopian, The Maze Runner Genre (Yep, its that cool it gets its own genre)
Pages: 374
Ages: 12+ (You might not even want 12 'cause I was freaking out half the time in this book: its pretty scary :P)
Date I Finished: April 3rd, 2012
My Rating: Begillion Stars
My Word: OMGITHINKIMINLOVEWITHTHISPLOTILOVEITWITHALLMYHEARTITISSOUNIQUE (yep, I officially have gone crazy)


According, to Goodreads 5 star rating system; 5 stars means "it was amazing." Now, if I were able to go over the 5-star rating system, I'd make this book be a begillion stars which would mean: OMG THIS BOOK WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!! (or should I say...shucking awesome) But, maybe it would be even more than that. If I were able to go back in time and see myself having bad thoughts on this book before I began reading it, I'd shoot myself in the head. Was that a little too far? Nah...

Before we start, I'm going to say that the book can be described with just one word: OMGITHINKIMINLOVEWITHTHISPLOTILOVEITWITHALLMYHEARTITISSOUNIQUE. (See? Didn't I say it was just one word??)

Anyway, let's start with...THE PLOT!!! This plot really was freaking awesome (aka: a begillion stars) because it was so unique. The idea of people "testing" these kids to go out in the maze island thingy and wipe their memories is brilliant. I would've never come up with the idea myself. (But, of course I wouldn't 'casue I'm not what you say, a writer.)

Moving on, THE CHARACTERS. I lovelovelove Thomas. You would think (at least I would) that since I'm a girl, I wouldn't like a boy narrator, which I usually don't, but Thomas was just so freaking awesome. (Once again, a begillion star.) It wasn't just Thomas though. I really lovedlovedloved Alby, Newt, Chuck (OH CHUCK I LOVE YOU!!!), Frypan, AND MINHO!!! I also loved the only girl, Teresa. Dashner did a fabulous job giving each and every one of the characters a different (and amazing) personalities.

Oh yeah and did I mention? THIS BOOK WAS FREAKING SUSPENSEFUL!! Now, when I say a book is suspenseful, people, Ms. Holly isn't lying. Oh, and also, I pretty much bawled my eyes out near the end that had something to do with one of the characters I loved. I won't say anything else! Just that I'm gonna make a ALLTIME FAVE TILL DEATH book shelf on Goodreads just for this book.

Lastly, THE ENDING...HOLY CRAP I THINK I WET MYSELF WHEN I READ IT!! In other words, it was amazing. Now, I'm usually the one who finds all the twists before reading it, but woo-ie this book's ending was SCHOCKING. I mean, I never would have thought THAT would be the ending.

On to the next book! Now, if anyone has negative feelings for this book; it's alright just tell me. Hopefully you'll come out of the argument alive. >:)

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
(Sorry, I couldn't fit a begillion) :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment