Friday, March 23, 2012

The Iron King (Iron Fey #1) by Julie Kagawa

Synopsis:  "Meghan Chase has a secret destiny - one she could never have imagined... Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school... or at home. When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change. But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face... and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart."

Title: The Iron King
Series: Iron Fey #1
Genre: Fantasy, Fiction
Pages: 363
Ages: 11+?? (I'm pretty sure. It's been a while since I was 11. :P)
Date I Finished: March 23rd, 2012
My Rating: 5 STARS
My Word: CREATIVE

I LOVED how this book is all fantasy like. :):) The interesting creatures were so unique and descriptive that I could clearly see them in my head. It felt like I could just reach out and grab them. I enjoyed the plot and I loved the chemistry between Ash and Meghan, although I wish Ash would just cut the crap and stop thinking about his queen and just LOVE Meghan. (But, if Meghan doesn't take him, I'll be glad to!) This book was fairly good, but I should say I really liked it because that's what four stars means on goodreads. :P (But I did really like it so that's good!!)I loved, loved, loved the characters!! Meghan, a very courageous girl/princess, just trying to get her brother, Ethan, back; Ash, the handsome, prince, whom I really want to be a reality; Puck, the funny, 200 year old still teenager guy, and last but certainly not least Grimalkin, a wise cat who helps Meghan through her journey. WOW! I loved them all! There were many other charries too though like, Oberon, Ethan, Luke, Meghan's mom, etc. So glad I read this book! All in all, this book was very adventurous and it showed Meghan's journey as she traveled through the Nevernever to get her brother, Ethan, back. Ughhh... sometimes I hate sequels because then you have to WAIT!
★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment