Friday, March 2, 2012

Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth

 Synopsis: "In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue-Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudtie (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is-she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself. During the highly competitive intiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles to determine who her friends really are-and where, exactly, a sometimes fascinating, sometimes infuriating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers a growing conflict that threatens to unravel her seemingly perfect society, she also learns that her secret might help her save those she loves...or it might destroy her."
Title: Divergent
Series: Divergent #1
Genre: Science Fiction, Romance, BEYOND THE BEYOND
Pages: 487 (Not long when you're obssesed with it!)
Ages: 13+ (Has some, I guess, romance of people making out on top of each other?)
Date I Finished: March 2nd, 2012
My Rating: 5 STARS
My Word: UNBELIEVABLE (it describes all the other words I put in the middle end of my post)

Unbelievable. This has to be now on my top ten list! This book caught my attention right from the cover. Beatrice-or Tris-was Divergent they called. She kind of had two different worlds and personalities she did not really understand hence the word Divergent. She loved Abnegation, where her family was, but she also knew she was brave for the Dauntless. This novell had a very uniique plot! Of course, all fantastic writers do. She goes through initiation for the Dauntless and meets new friends and a boyfriend along the way. I love that Roth made Tris and Four, or should I say, Tobias, really connect together and be the perfect match. So many things surprised me, although it seemed the main character, Tris, did not catch on very easily because some of the shocking parts I already inferred in earlier parts of the story. But geuss what? That was really the ONLY negative I had about it because it was so beautifully written! It was funny, shocking, suspenseful, active (no boring parts), and mostly (and my favorite) romantic! You could most certainly tell throughout the book that Tris was thinking like she was Divergent (because she was) because she was selfless sometimes and brave and revengeful some other times. I won't say much anymore, but this book was incredible and I would never could make a novel this well written and beautiful. This book was full out AMAZING! Why oh why did it have to end? But I can't wait until the sequel, Insurgent, comes out this May! Hope you read it because you will be inspired by it and there are ligit no boring parts in the book! I will never forget this book and I worship Veronica Roth for the fantastic story she has made!
★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment